We are looking to recruit a highly motivated Operations Manager to join the management team of Dermal Technology Laboratory (DTL), located on the Keele University Science Park in Staffordshire, UK. We are seeking an experienced scientist/manager to manage and develop the operational activities of the technical and scientific staff in DTL.
The successful candidate will lead a growing team, currently consisting of eight graduate-level scientists and will be responsible for managing all aspects of planning and workflow for the laboratory; maintaining the laboratory quality systems to GLP, whilst ensuring maximal efficiency and throughput to meet client expectations and deadlines.
More specifically the responsibilities will include:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the laboratory,
- Plan and deliver in vitro dermal absorption studies to optimise the throughput of the laboratory whilst maintaining the highest standards,
- Motivate a team of scientists, personally managing, developing and reviewing performance of direct reports,
- Continually review operations to ensure competitive advantage, integrity of scientific data and study delivery dates are met/exceeded,
- Maintain/deliver high quality relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure key study and scientific deliverables are achieved,
- Maintain a high level of competency in the conduct of laboratory techniques,
- Ensure laboratory procedures and staff comply with/work to company quality, GLP and safety standards,
- Assist with regulatory audits and knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor Degree or higher in a Biological or Biochemical science,
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a GLP regulatory environment,
- At least 10 years’ experience in managing a minimum of 5 staff, including their training and development and performance of a diverse group of scientists in a collaborative environment,
- In-depth knowledge of analytical techniques, equipment and the regulatory processes which encompass GLP,
- Experience in strategic planning and resource allocation with a flexible attitude to adapt to client/business requirements,
- Extensive experience within a commercial scientific laboratory, with a demonstrable track record of scientific/technical achievements,
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with in vitro dermal absorption models,
- Provide technical leadership for analytical techniques including LSC, HPLC and ICP,
- In-depth knowledge of test material formulation and incorporation of radiochemicals into formulations.
Please quote post reference: DTL OM2018 and your salary expectations for this role.
Closing date for applications: 30th March 2018.
DTL will offer you a highly competitive salary, a flexible approach to working and excellent working conditions.
Please send applications to Professor Jon Heylings via firstname.lastname@example.org